Henry D. Drewinko has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in civil litigation matters for more than twenty-five years. While working with nationally prominent plaintiff's firms, Henry has represented thousands of individuals and their families for claims involving personal injury and wrongful death. As a defense attorney, Henry has represented several Fortune 500 companies against claims for personal injury, wrongful death, mass tort litigation and class actions.
Henry's current practice includes the representation of plaintiffs in personal injury, wrongful death, premises liability, products liability, consumer protection, mass tort litigation and class actions. In addition, Henry represents injured workers in judicial review of workers' compensation claims.
Henry was born in Buenos Aries, Argentina in 1965, while his father was serving in the United States Army as a Captain, stationed in Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas. Initially residing in San Antonio, Henry has lived in Houston for over 40 years.
Henry graduated from Strake Jesuit College Preparatory and then attended the University of Houston where he obtained a B.A. in Political Science in 1989, and a J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center in 1993. Henry was active in moot court and mock trial competitions serving as Chairman of the Jessup International Moot Court Committee and was a four-time recipient of the Top Ten Orator Award.
Henry served as an adjunct professor for the University of Florida teaching the legal aspects of life care planning for a national life care planning certification program.
Henry is a member of the State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section, Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Houston Bar Association, and the Texas Center for Legal Ethics. Henry is licensed to practice in all Texas State Courts and before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Premises liability
- Consumer Protection
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Texas, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1993
- Honors: Active, Moot Court and Mock Trial Competitions
- Honors: Four Time Recipient of the Top Ten Orator Award
- University of Houston
- B.A. - 1989
- Major: Political Science
- H.S. Strake Jesuit College Preparatory
- Jane Doe vs. PCM Barker Cypress LLC,, Cause No. 2010-39725, 2010, 165th District
- Adjunct Professor, University of Florida
- Legal Aspects of Life Care Planning (Seminars), University of Florida, 1996 to 1997
Honors and Awards
- Top 5 in Texas Premises Liability Verdicts, Texas Lawyers Verdicts Hall of Fame
- Top Ten Orator Award, Blakely Moot Court Competition 1992, 1993
- Top Ten Orator Award, Hippard Mock Trial Competition 1991, 1992
- Top Ten Orator Award, John Black Moot Court Competition
- Best Advocate Award, Trial Advocacy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section, Member
- Texas Center for Legal Ethics
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- International Law Society, Director
- Jessup International Moot Court Committee , Chairman
Past Employment Positions
- Henry D. Drewinko, Attorney at Law, PLLC Houston, Texas, 2006 to 2014
- Ellis, Carstarphen, Dougherty & Goldenthal, Houston, Texas, Senior Associate, 2004 to 2006
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman, LLP Houston, Texas, Senior Associate, 2001 to 2004
- Galloway, Johnson, Tomkins, Burr & Smith, Houston, Texas, Of Counsel, 1999 to 2001
- Drewinko & Kurtin, L.L.P. Houston, Texas, Managing Partner, 1996 to 1999
- Fisher, Gallagher & Lewis, L.L.P. Houston, Texas, Associate , 1991 to 1996